The average American cell phone bill cost for a single user is $70. This works out to $840 each year, or about the same as buying a used automobile. However, by following a few simple measures, you may dramatically reduce your phone bill.
Cell phone plans will very certainly be included in your monthly budget. Because it is a necessary addition, the very least that can be done is to try to cut the cost as much as possible. But don’t worry, we’re here to assist you! You’ll be saving money in no time if you follow all of the advice given here.
Cell phone plans with unlimited talk and text can be expensive
Make an informed decision about your carrier. Over time, a number of non-traditional wireless mobile phone operators have begun to emerge. You have more options than ever before when it comes to choosing a carrier and a cell phone plan that meets your specific requirements. You don’t have to be concerned about being locked into a long-term contract. The more you know about your demands, the more equipped you will be to choose a plan that is right for you.
Unlimited Plans sound appealing, but you may not be a frequent texter or caller. As a result, you may find yourself paying for minutes and messages you don’t require. It would be more cost-effective to select a package that is tailored to your individual requirements. The best part is that some carriers will let you top up without incurring overage charges.
If data is the most expensive part of your phone bill, use the following tricks to save money:
- To save data, download podcasts and playlists ahead of time.
- Turn off the Background App Refresh feature. Apps frequently update in the background when you are not using them, which consumes data.
- When possible, use Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Before going to bed, turn off your phone. Data will most likely be used on the phone throughout the night, especially if applications are functioning. This trick could help you save a lot of data in the long run.
- Disable cellular data for all apps that do not require regular updates. The apps will only update and use data when you’re connected to Wi-Fi after that.
- There are applications out there that can compress your data and make it 5 times more efficient than it is now. It may keep an eye on the data charges that are running in the background and remove all of the unnecessary data. The disadvantage is that the corporation will know what data you’re accessing. It all relies on whether you’re willing to pay that price.
- You have the option to use offline functionality. Some apps offer offline features that allow you to use them even if you aren’t connected to the internet. For example, you can use Wi-Fi to download YouTube videos and then watch them anytime you want!
- Turn off your browser’s display advertisements. Display advertising stream videos to your phone automatically, so if you have a browser that allows you to block these adverts, you’ll save a lot of data.
Get a cell phone plan with no contract
Companies that make cell phones make a lot of money. They are successful in part because their phones are contracted. To utilize a large cell phone company’s network, you must sign a two- or three-year contract. You will have no choice but to sign a large cancellation charge if you want to cancel before the contract period is up.
To avoid falling into this trap, simply get a lightly used, no-contract phone. These phones are “unlocked,” meaning they can be used with any carrier. You won’t have to rely on expensive plans from huge carriers, and you’ll have the freedom to transfer carriers whenever you want!
Related: The Best No-Contract Internet Plans
Always look for discounts
If you work for a large corporation, you might want to look into employee discounts on phone contracts. There are a lot of large corporations that provide such discounts, which can result in huge savings.
Subscribe in a smaller carrier
Everyone wants to go with the big names since it is assumed that the service they provide is excellent. They are not, however, the only ones available. There is a slew of smaller carriers on the market that provide comparable service at a fraction of the price.
Make the switch to a family plan
Many carriers offer family plans that can help you save a substantial amount of money over time. You can save money on plans that would have been more expensive on an individual account if you had a family plan. Family plans can be made with both friends and family. It won’t be difficult to persuade people to join because, at the end of the day, it’s a win-win situation for everyone!
Optimize your cell phone plan
Downgrading your plan if your plan permits it may sound too good to be true, but if your plan allows it, do so; if you’re approaching a month/week, you know you won’t be using your phone as much as usual. You can save a lot of money by not wasting it on a service you don’t use or need if you can optimize your plan depending on how much to speak, text, and data you intend to use in the coming month.
Opt for autopay
A lot of carriers out there tend to add a discount to your bill if you opt for automatic payments. For instance, T-Mobile offers a $5 discount per line on AutoPay. Over time, that can lead to a decent amount of savings. With a few carriers such as Verizon, you cannot use a credit card, but will instead need to link a debit card or a checking account.
Consider your insurance options carefully
Insurance is paid for in the event that something goes wrong with your phone, but what are the chances that something bad really happens? Rather than paying for insurance on a monthly basis, it can be worth buying in a solid and durable case or using apps like “Find My Device.”
Furthermore, you must pay a deductible for each claim you submit, and the number of claims you can submit each year is limited. The number of claims that can be filed each year is usually limited to two or three. When these factors are considered, the financial benefits of not having insurance surpass the financial benefits of having it.
If you’ve read thus far, you’ve probably understood how simple it is to reduce your cell phone cost. TVInternetDeals offers fully customizable cell phone plans with call, text, and data based on your needs.
Get The Best Cell Phone Plans