How to Fix Black Screens on Smartphones: Many of us use our smartphones to communicate, work, and play these days. As a result, when they start acting weirdly – especially if you can’t get your phone to switch on at all – it can be pretty scary.
A blank screen, also known as the “black screens of death,” is one of the most frightening issues that smartphone users face. However, despite its ominous moniker, this problem may be resolved in a number of ways.
Don’t panic if your phone’s screen has abruptly turned off for no apparent reason; simply complete these four steps.
The first (and simplest) step in repairing a black screen on an iPhone or Android is to perform a hard reset. This essentially means reinstalling the phone’s operating system. A hard reset may be done immediately on your phone, albeit the procedure varies depending on which device you have.
Follow these instructions to perform a hard reset on an iPhone or Android device:
- Press the home and the power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- As soon as you’ve released it, press down on the power button to see if it turns back on.
iPhone (Version 8 and Later)
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button (also known as the sleep/wake button) until the Apple logo appears.
iPhone (Version 7)
- Press and hold the side button and the volume down button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
iPhone (Version 6s and Earlier)
- Press and hold the side button and the home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
Examine the LCD Cable
It’s likely that the cable from the logic board to the LCD screen has been detached if you’re still staring at a blank screen. This can happen if you drop your phone a few times unintentionally. The cable will need to be connected back in to restore your screen’s functioning.
It’s better to get professional assistance if you wish to fix a broken iPhone or Android this way. While you can find DIY instructions online, if you don’t know what you’re doing, you risk causing irreversible damage to your gadget.
Reset the device to factory defaults
When the screen on your phone goes black at random, it could mean that something is wrong with your operating system. A factory reset is frequently effective in this situation. Your device’s data and settings are wiped clean during a factory reset, restoring it to its original state (i.e., the state it was in when you first purchased it).
Are you unsure how to perform a factory reset on your iPhone or Android device? Although the procedure is more difficult than a hard reset, it can still be completed with relative ease.
- Back up your device to iCloud or your computer. This ensures you don’t lose any important data during the reset.
- Open the settings
- Select General from the menu.
- Click the reset button at the bottom of the page.
- Click erase all content and setting. A window will pop up, allowing you to confirm your decision.
Keep in mind that this procedure takes longer than a simple hard reset; your phone may need to restart for several minutes. Check that the device has been returned to factory settings once the process is finished. You’ll know the reset was successful if you see the iOS Setup Assistant when you boot up your device. You can then choose to restore your data from the backup.
- Back up your device to Google Drive or your PC.
Open your phone’s settings
- Select system > advanced > reset options.
- Select erase all data (factory reset).
- Select reset phone. At this point, you may need to enter your PIN, password, or pattern.
- Select the erase everything
You can now set up your phone and recover your backed-up data after the reset is complete.
If any of the foregoing is perplexing to you, get professional assistance. The JNA phone repair will be delighted to help you.
JNA Retail accepts iPhones and Androids
JNA Retail can assist you with your smartphone repair. Our team of experts is well-versed in the inner workings of a wide range of gadgets. We’ll figure out what’s causing the issue and get your phone back up and running as soon as possible.
Contact us today for more information about our smartphone repair services or to set up an appointment.
Our techs are all certified and we only use the best quality parts.