If you’re anything like us, the Find My iPhone feature has definitely come in handy a few times too many. Despite the fact that it’s one of the most well-known iPhone capabilities, there are a few times when you might want to cease sharing your location. People switch off Find My iPhone for a variety of reasons, the most common of which is to sell their cell phones. JNA Phone Repair has some step-by-step methods for deleting your iOS device, whether that’s the case or you have another reason.
How Do I Turn Off Find My iPhone?
The iOS 13 release changed how Apple users can upgrade, but no matter which operating system your iPhone runs on, you’ll find the procedure to be surprisingly simple.
Stop using Find My iPhone on iOS 13 and later versions of iOS
To get started, go to your Settings menu. Then follow the steps outlined below.
- Select your name at the top of the screen to log into your Apple ID.
- Tap Find My.
- Turn the Find My iPhone button off. You may also turn off the Find My Network button, which is an extra step to assist users who have misplaced their devices, as well as Send Last Location, which alerts Apple to a user’s location when their battery is critically low.
- Select Turn Off after logging in to your Apple ID.
Stop using Find My iPhone feature on iOS 12 and earlier versions of the operating system
When it comes to disconnecting, older operating systems offer fewer steps — and available tools. To delete your iPhone from iOS 12 or an earlier version of the operating system, go to Settings > Your Apple ID> iCloud (Enter your password) > Turn Off when prompted to stop Find My iPhone.
If you’re planning to sell your Apple device, it’s important to disconnect any location-sharing features and wipe it free of any sensitive data. Rely on JNA Phone Repair to erase data, so your information doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. We can also help you get rid of old devices through our Trade programs! Get in touch with your local JNA store to find the right solutions for you.
Our techs are all certified and we only use the best quality parts.
- Reasons Why Quality Phone Repair Matters
- Cell Phone Maintenance: How to Keep Your Cell Phone in Great Condition
- Reasons Why You Should Consider A Phone Battery Replacement
- What Can You Do to Extend iPhone’s Battery Life?
- Most Common iPhone Issues and Solutions
- Here Are Reasons Why iPhone Not Charging