Tips to Fix iPhone WiFi is Slow and Keeps Disconnecting: Users have complained that their iPhone’s Wi-Fi speed has slowed and that it disconnecting on its own time and again. It’s worth noting that the problem isn’t limited to a single iPhone model or iOS version.
Take a look at these tips and tactics if you’re having problems with your iPhone’s Wi-Fi. We hope that these suggestions work for you as well, as they have for many other iOS users. Let’s get started with the troubleshooting instructions with that in mind!
Turn WiFi OFF/ON and Restart your iPhone
To begin, you can switch off the Wi-Fi and then turn it back on, then restart the iPhone. You can try this approach as well, to see how it goes, since it has worked for a number of others.
Choose Wi-Fi from the Settings app on your iPhone. After that, switch off your device’s Wi-Fi and then turn it back on.
- To use Face ID to restart your iPhone, press and hold both the volume up/down and side buttons at the same time. After that, to turn off your iPhone, drag the power-off slider down.
- To turn off your iPhone using the Home/Touch ID button, press and hold the side/power button while dragging the power-off slider.
Hard reset your iPhone.
The hard reset has long been a reliable troubleshooter for iOS users, and it is frequently recommended that they use it to fix common difficulties.
- Press the volume up button on your iPhone 8 or later to hard reset it. Then, push the volume down button as soon as possible. Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen next.
- To hard reset your iPhone 7/7 Plus, press down both the side and volume down buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
- To hard reset an iPhone 6s or earlier, press and hold both the power and side buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release the power button.
Check to see if Wi-Fi has returned to normal after your iOS device has been reset. If so, you’ve solved the problem of your iPhone’s Wi-Fi being slow and constantly disconnecting.
Don’t get discouraged if the problem persists. You can still try a few dependable solutions.
Forget the Wi-Fi Network and Reconnect to It
Forgetting the Wi-Fi network and reconnecting to it is another useful method for debugging Wi-Fi difficulties on the iPhone. Always keep in mind that you’ll need your Wi-Fi password to log on, so make sure you remember it or save it somewhere.
On your iPhone, go to Wi-Fi > Settings > Wi-Fi. Once you’ve done so, press I to the right of the Wi-Fi network name and then choose “Forget This Network.” Reconnect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network after that.
Reset Network Settings
Reset the network settings on your iPhone if it is still slow and disconnects frequently. Because it is well-known for addressing Bluetooth and Wi-Fi issues on iPhones and iPads, we recommend you give it a shot.
Reset Network Settings by going to the app’s Settings > General > Reset. Reconnect your iOS device to the Wi-Fi network and then surf the web or view a movie online for a while to see if the problem has been resolved. Keep in mind that if you reset your network settings, you’ll have to reconnect to all of your iPhone’s Wi-Fi networks as well as any VPN connections you may have.
Update your iPhone’s OS if the problem persists. The majority of iOS releases come with a slew of bug fixes and efficiency enhancements, so it’s possible that it’ll work.
Open the app’s Settings > General > Software Update. Now is the time to get the most recent iOS version and install it.
If Nothing Works, Contact a Trusted iPhone Repair Centre
It could be a hardware issue with the WiFi antenna if all of the preceding remedies fail to resolve your iPhone’s Wi-Fi issues. To resolve the problem, you’ll need to call a reputable iPhone repair shop.
JNA Retail is the most reliable Apple device repair center in the United States, with a large presence all throughout the country. To assist you in repairing your iPhone, contact them.
Our techs are all certified and we only use the best quality parts.
- Reasons Why Quality Phone Repair Matters
- Cell Phone Maintenance: How to Keep Your Cell Phone in Great Condition
- Reasons Why You Should Consider A Phone Battery Replacement
- What Can You Do to Extend iPhone’s Battery Life?
- Most Common iPhone Issues and Solutions
- Here Are Reasons Why iPhone Not Charging